Fresh Bagels in Costa Rica
At Bagel Kitchen Costa Rica we bake our delicious varieties of bagels fresh daily, using only all-natural ingredients. From our homemade jams created with local fruits to our savory bagel sandwiches loaded with fresh veggies and meats, we take the time to make them perfect in every bite. Now, with 2 locations to serve you in Potrero & Playa Grande. This is our story…
During a three week RV trip from Iowa to Alaska in May of 2015, we reconnected with younger versions of ourselves – the dreamers, the entrepreneurs, and wanderlusters. We knew we were living a blessed life and we were truly grateful for all we had. But, we were also feeling restless and bogged down by all that we had. We yearned for adventure, a different way of life, and a simpler, more authentic existence that gave us more quality time together.
In December 2016, after 6 months of preparation, we took the plunge. We left our jobs, rented our house, sold most of our belongings and took a huge risk in order to have the adventure of a lifetime and set a course for a new way of living.
After settling in to our new home in Costa Rica, we began experimenting with bagel recipes to fill the gap in the community – no bagels anywhere! It wasn’t long before kitchen experiments turned into a tiny business providing fresh bagels to friends. Then, it was more than friends – then, Bagel Kitchen Costa Rica was born. We opened our first shop in beautiful Playa Grande, mere meters from the sand. Roughly a year later, our 2nd location in Potrero opened to serve the bustling family community of Surfside.
We still find time to appreciate the Pura Vida lifestyle we sought, live more simply & even catch waves every chance we get. Come by and see us!
Marc & Shannon Schulz
Coffee and Bagels
Coffee & Kombucha
- We serve hot pour over and cold brew coffee from Tamarindo Coffee Roasters.
- We also sell bags Tamarindo Coffee Roasters Whole Bean and Ground, stop in to see our selection.
- Not in the mood for coffee, consider tea, we offer Iced Tea, hot tea, and Devine You Healing Kombucha (brewed locally).
Ordering and Deliveries
When you order in advance you save time and in many cases money. All “special orders” need to be placed by 10am the day before pick up/delivery. For same day delivery orders you need to place breakfast orders by 8am and lunch orders by 11am. We will deliver to Surfside daily, the delivery fee is 500 colones. We will delivery too Flamingo, MarVista, Brasilito and Reserva Conchal Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Fees range from 2000 to 2500.
The delivery runs begin at 8:30 and 11:30.
For pre-orders and deliveries you can pay via PayPal or venmo.
- “Special Orders’ is the tittle we used when we started serving bagels out of our own kitchen. The name has stuck with us since. To place a special order you need to order by 10 am the day before you pick up or accept delivery.
- With special orders you can guarantee the flavors you want!
- When you choose a special order you help the environment by reducing waste and we thank you with “special pricing”. Right now you receive 8 bagels for the price of 5.
The Garlic Sea Salt ones are off the chart. I hope you have 10 for me at the feria today.
With 3 teenagers, these are a staple in our house. Love them!!!